We take the privacy of your data seriously. This policy is designed to help you learn about Vibrant’s data practices. Please do read it carefully.
References to "Vibrant/we/us" means Vibrant Media Limited. The terms “you” and “your” means you as a user of our Website and our Network.
If you have any questions or queries, please contact us using the details set out at the end of this policy.
- COLLECTION AND USE OF INFORMATION ON OUR WEBSITE
- COLLECTION AND USE OF NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION ON OUR NETWORK THROUGH OUR TECHNOLOGY
- WHO ELSE MAY USE YOUR INFORMATION
- COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
- PARTICIPATION IN SELF-REGULATORY PROGRAMS
- INFORMATION ACCESS
- CONTACT DETAILS FOR ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS AND/OR TO ISSUE A COMPLAINT
1. COLLECTION AND USE OF INFORMATION ON OUR WEBSITE
1.1 Our Website is directed at our clients who we intend to do business with. It is not directed at consumers.
1.2 The following personal and identifiable information may be provided by you when you visit our Website:
- 1.2.1 when you register or complete our enquiry form, you may provide us your name, address, e-mail address and/or telephone number etc. This information allows us to contact you with the information/services you may request from us. We may also ask you to give us other optional contact information, for example your mobile phone number and fax number.
- 1.2.2 if you contact us via our Website, we may keep a record of that email, form or comment.
- 1.2.3 if you agree to provide a testimonial about your experience with us, we will collect your name and comments and may display them on our Website;
- 1.2.4 we may also ask you to complete surveys for research purposes from time to time.
1.3 Your personal and identifiable information may be used in the following ways:
- 1.3.1 to register you as a user of our Website;
- 1.3.2 to identify you when you visit our Website, including to assist with logging you in;
- 1.3.3 to provide service(s) and information to you as a user of our Website (for example if there is a billing or insertion order processing issue) and to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- 1.3.4 to notify you about changes to services and/or our Website;
- 1.3.5 your IP address may be used to help diagnose problems with servers and to administer the Website;
- 1.3.6 to ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner;
- 1.3.7 to help administer our Website generally; and as otherwise described at the time of collection
1.4 By using our Website and submitting your personal information, you consent to:
2.1 We place advertisements on websites operated by our client publishers (i.e. through our Network). Our products include Vibrant In-Text Ads, Vibrant In-Image Ads and Vibrant Display Ads. For more information about our products, click here. Other than serving advertisements as referred to above, we do not modify, control or influence any content on our client publishers’ websites.
2.2 Our technology is designed primarily to facilitate the delivery of contextual advertising. For example, we may place advertisements triggered from highlighted keywords within the text of web content on a client publisher’s website so that when you move your mouse over a word or phrase of interest, a relevant advertisement will appear (for example, an advertisement for cars which appears when you move your mouse over the word 'car' while reading an automotive news article).
2.3 We may collect information about a visitor’s interactions with the advertising we place on the Network, which we may use to provide more relevant advertisements aligned with your current interests. This process is called “Interest Matching”, and examples of how we may carry out Interest Matching are set out below:
- 2.3.3 We may also engage in behavioural retargeting that allows us and some of our advertising partners to display advertising to you when you are on a website in our Network, based on your browsing patterns and interactions with a website (which may or may not be part of our Network). For example, if you have visited the website of an online retailer, you may see ads on websites in our Network from that same retailer displaying the products that you were viewing on the retailer’s website.
- 2.3.4 In the case of all the examples above, the information collected and used is non-personal, which means that it does not include personally identifiable information such as your name, street address, e-mail address or telephone number.
2.4 Aggregate and non-personally identifiable web viewing and computer data is also collected and used for other purposes including advertisement delivery and reporting, measuring the effectiveness of a campaign, optimizing a campaign, and for operational purposes. We may also combine web viewing data with information (e.g. demographic data) provided by other entities to help make our advertiser clients' advertising more relevant.
- 3.1.1 to other members of our group, our partners and service providers (for example people who provide technical services to the Website) for the purpose of managing or administering certain aspects of our Website, or to help us develop new services;
- 3.1.2 to a third party or successor entity in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, sale of all or substantially all of Vibrant’s assets, bankruptcy, or other corporate change.
- 3.1.3 if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation and/or in order to enforce or apply any other agreements between you and Vibrant; or
- 3.1.4 to protect the rights, property or safety of us or our users.
3.2 In addition to the information that we collect, a number of third parties may collect non-personal data when you visit websites in the Network. These third parties include:
- 3.2.1 our website publisher clients that operate websites within our Network, who may use their own cookies and other technologies to collect information about the content of the sites that you visit and the advertising that appears on those sites; and
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to, or stored on, our Website; any transmission is at your own risk.
We support the cross industry, Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising as managed by the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) (for more information click here) as well as the DAA’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Multi-Site Data, and, in particular, the use of the Ad Choices icon. In support of the DAA and to provide consumers with enhanced transparency, we display the Ad Choices Icon advertisements delivered across our network to help consumers understand how their data is being used and provides choices for consumers who want more control. The Ad Choices icon is customarily displayed within the frame of our advertisement. The Ad Choices icon provides information (and links to other information) on online ads, who may be collecting and using online data, and how you can exercise choice with respect to those companies participating in the DAA program. Vibrant Media also (1) is a member of the Internet Advertising Bureau and abides by IAB’s Member Code of Conduct which you can review by clicking here and (2) is an NAI member and adheres to the NAI Code of Conduct (“NAI”) opt-out tool for behavioral advertising, which you can review at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
7.1 Vibrant Media Limited is registered with the UK Information Commissioner's office as a Data Controller in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) with registration number Z526181X.
7.2 The DPA provides a framework to ensure that personal information is collected and handled properly and gives individuals certain rights to know what information is held about them. More information can be found at www.ico.gov.uk.
7.3 You have certain rights to access personal data held about you and you can do this by contacting us at the details set out at the end of this policy. Any access request may be subject to an administration fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. You can also request us to correct any factual inaccuracies in information we hold or delete any of that information from our records.
7.4 We aim to keep any personal information we hold up to date, accurate and error free. You can edit your information at any time. Please help us to keep your information accurate and up to date by notifying us of any relevant changes in the personal data we hold about you by contacting us with your request by clicking here.
If you have any questions or comments, or complaints about our Website (www.vibrantmedia.co.uk) or about this privacy statement, please contact us by one of the methods below:
Last updated July 22, 2014